HDL WORKS PRESENTS EASE 9.1
November 2018, HDL Works announces the release and immediate availability of
EASE 9.1, the Graphical HDL Design tool.
EASE is the most intuitive Graphical HDL Design Entry tool in the industry. Providing the user with a better means of communication, documentation, design entry and modification for any HDL design targeted for FPGA or ASIC. With its four integrated editors (block diagram, state diagram, truth table and text editors) EASE offers a suitable design entry for every HDL requirement. It includes integration with the industry standard revision control system Subversion for real multi-user support.
What's new in EASE 9.1
VHDL attribute specifications
In Ease 9.1 it is possible to declare attribute values on entities, architectures, instances and nets. The attributes themselves must be declared in packages, for which a use clause must have been added to the entity or architecture. A drop down box will show all visible attributes. For each used attribute a tool tip can show the type and package where the attribute is defined. The attributes are placed in the generated VHDL code just before the start of the architecture, block or generate statement.
Clauses at architecture level
Library clauses, use clauses and context references can now be added to an architecture in the same way as for an entity.
HDL Import improvementsVHDL import now tries to import comment for the following objects:
- Id 597: When moving multiple ports to another side (with a different orientation) they are now placed adjacent of each other.
- Id 1591: Specific comment to document generic/parameter actual value.
- Id 1851: Easier way to revert a unit to an older version. Version restore is now allowed on a unit that is checked in.
- Id 1927: improved support for aliases. It is now possible to add aliases to the HDL Declarations inside a block diagram (not inside an FSM diagram). To be able to support aliases the order in which HDL declarations are generated has changed. They were ordered by type, but are now declared in the same order as they are shown in the dialog.
- Id 1992: Customizable label for meta generic
- Allow table sort by clicking on table header in message windows (verify, lint, VCM status) and object/text search window.
- Tool tip on sticky note in browser.
- Improved search widget behaviour: CTRL+F will no longer close the search widget (it used to toggle), but open it if it was closed, select the text and set keyboard focus. Use escape key to close the widget.
- Added a delay to the file preview button, to be able to move the mouse pointer to the text field without the file contents tooltip appearing immediately.
Availability and Pricing
EASE 9.1 is available now. Prices begin at € 4800 for a perpetual license. EASE can be downloaded and evaluated freely from the HDL Works website.
About HDL Works
HDL Works develops and markets high-performance, intuitive tools for complex HDL design across a wide spectrum of applications. Its software products are available for Linux and Windows platforms. HDL Works currently holds ConnTrace, EASE, HDL Companion, IO Checker and Scriptum in its product portfolio. Headquartered in Ede, The Netherlands, HDL Works is privately held.HDL Works BV
6716 BX Ede
ConnTrace, EASE, HDL Companion, IO Checker and Scriptum are trademarks of HDL Works.